At St George´s Physical Education and Sports are understood as fundamental components in the integral education of students. Each of the students has the possibility to develop a great variety of psico- motor activities and to practice, per season, the traditional group and individual sports that define our institution: male Rugby and female Hockey as central sports as well as swimming, athletics, football, basketball, cricket, golf and/or tennis. The organization of internal events, Interhouses and Inter-school in a local, national or international scale, are an important part in this formation process.
The participation of our students in sports is observed as a means of growth and formation in which moral values and “fair play” are considered the main pillars.
- Physical education as a significant component in integral education.
- Student centered teaching.
- Opportunities to participate for all students.
- Physical Education and Sport and as a means for a better socialization.
- Physical Education and Sport as a tool to develop and consolidate values.
- Physical Education and Sport as a means to appreciate and develop health.
- To incentivate students to get involved in and enjoy a great variety of activities.
- To develop psichomotricity, especially during the first three years.
- To develop the basic sport motor abilities.
- To develop the physiological needs according to age.
- To incentivate students to get involved in sport competitions both internal and with other schools.
- To enjoy activities in nature while preserving the environment.
- Multilateral training.
For more information visit us at: St George’s Sports Blog
April – August:
- Boys: Rugby
- College: Optional-Basket
- Girls: Hockey
- College: Optional-Handball
August – September – October:
October – November – December:
- Boys: Football – Cricket – Tennis
- Girls: Footboll – Handball – Diving – Tennis
- 5 Rugby pitches
- 5 Hockey Pitches
- 5 Football Pitches
- 2 Cricket Pitches
- 4 Cricket Nets
- 4 Tennis Courts
- 1 Handball Courts
- 3 Basketball Courts
- 1 Volleyball grass court
- Fitnes2 Indoor gymnasiums
- 1 Aerobics-room
- 1 Weights-room
- 400 mts Athletics Track
- 2 Shot put areas
- 1 Discus Area
- 3 High Jump mats
- 2 Long Jump pit
- 1 Pole Vault pit
- 2 Swimming pool